History of Art R1B, Fall 2005, UC Berkeley

Reading and Writing about Visual Experience: Art & Technology - Word & Image - Orality & Literacy

This blog will serve as a bulletin board for Sect. 1 of History of Art R1B, taught by Marisa Olson
Course Mtgs: Tues./Thurs., 8-9:30am, 425 Doe // Office Hrs.: Thurs. 10am-12pm, and by appt, 6220 Dwinelle

Contact: marisa (at) marisaolson.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Photocopies & Waiting List

Greetings, students. It was good to meet all of you, today. I placed the photocopies of the Foucault and Paul readings in the box marked "Olson," across the hall from the History of Art office. (Which is not to be confused with my actual mailbox, inside the office.) I also put a few extra copies of the syllabus in there, though all the info is obviously posted here...

Since all of the enrolled students showed up, I was unable to add anyone not enrolled or waitlisted to the class. I will officially add three students to the class (pending departmental and computer-protocol ok's on over-enrolling the class), bringing the enrollment to 20, with the idea that some students may drop. The waitlisted students who can expect to enroll are Tyler, Joyce, and Lenny. Sam and Yemi, you are welcome to continue attending the class and see if more people drop.

If you are enrolled or you are Tyler, Joyce, or Lenny and know that you will drop the class, please email ASAP, so that I can give your seat to someone else.

I hope that everything goes well for you, as you set-up your blogs. Again, we can discuss formatting and posting in greater depth on Thursday, and in my office hours. In the mean time, you are welcome to email me with questions. Please do send me the URL for your blog, ASAP.

Thanks!